Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Parent Town Hall

 The Parent Town Hall that was held on August 19 is below in both podcast and video form. 

Additionally, as I indicated in the meeting tonight, my apologies for being unclear at our last meeting with respect to iPads vs. Chromebooks. As of July, our intention was still to purchase iPads for our grade 8 students. However, in late July, it became possible that, due to supply issues, we were not likely to be able to obtain iPads due to shipping and manufacturing issues, specifically due to the pandemic and trade issues with the Far East. 

Given the 8th graders' familiarity with the devices, and the security procedures we have in place for Chromebooks, and Mr. Mistler's resourcefulness, we were able to outfit the entire grade with Chromebooks. While some of the functions and apps that students tend to like (including gaming) are lost on the Chromebook, the device is particularly useful for academic purposes, particularly because of the keyboard and our other security features. 

I apologize for any confusion and/or misinformation on my part. At the last meeting, my intention was to remember to bring this up, and I neglected to do so. I understand that it probably caught many people off-guard, but that was not my intention. Our goal truly was to get devices into the hands of our students in advance of the learning needs this fall. We hope you understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment