This morning was the final day of school for the 2016-17 school year! We appreciate all that everyone did to help make this year a success at Uxbridge High School, including all of our parents, students, and staff. In general, we can chalk this year up to a number of successes, and, as we reflect this summer on the year gone by, we will certainly be ready to go come August for another great year.
- Final report cards will be posted this week, and a hard copy will be mailed home. Be advised that some students have some outstanding obligations, including money owed the cafeteria, books, or calculators. If those obligations are not resolved, we do not provide a student with his/her cap and gown or allow participation in graduation - and we do track these things from year to year!
- Also, the high school office is open from 7-3 until June 30. The office will be closed on June 30 and July 3, and then the regular hours for the building are 7-2 during the summer. The building will be closed completely during the week of July 24, and access may be limited.
- Guidance counselors will be reaching out to families and students who may need credits during summer school; we have several options, the best of which is frequently the online summer school, since it does not inhibit a student's ability to work a summer job or impede family travel plans. If a student has failed a class with a grade above 40, s/he may be eligible.
- Summer reading information has been posted to the website and is also linked here. Also, students enrolled in Advanced Placement classes can access summer work here.
- Student schedules are very close to complete, and we hope to have them released officially in early August. If something has changed because of course performance in the fourth quarter, please reach out to the school counselor, either Mr. Barry or Ms. Hampton.
- Athletic registration for 2017-18 will open on July 3 via FamilyID. The portal will close in early August, after which we will make determinations on programs that can and cannot be sufficiently run based on student numbers. Updated athletic physical examination reports can be uploaded into the student's profile on FamilyID, emailed to Ms. Schiller, our school nurse, or brought to the high school office. Please note that hard copy physical examinations may take longer to be processed, and the uploaded method is preferred.
Finally, we wish well both Ms. Amanda DeStafeno and Mr. Peter Hennessy. Ms. DeStafeno will be moving into the adjustment counselor position at the Whitin Elementary School for 2017-18, and Mr. Hennessy retires from teaching after more than 35 years in the business, the last 17 at UHS. Both will be missed, and we wish them well on their next adventures!
From all of us at UHS, best wishes for a happy, safe, and enjoyable summer.
Michael Rubin, Principal
Michael DiMeglio, Assistant Principal