We have had a very exciting athletic campaign so far at Uxbridge, and, with the onset of the spring season hopefully ahead of us, we are writing to announce the opening of spring registration.
As with the fall and winter sports, we require student-athletes and their families to register using FamilyID. The instructions for registration for those of you who have not registered before are included with this message. For those who have registered for a winter or fall sport, the process is simple, in that you choose your participant and update with the requested spring sport. If any physical examinations have expired within the last 13 months, or will expire this spring, we remind families to upload a copy of the physical examination or provide a copy to the school nurse before a student-athlete is permitted to participate.
We are opening the FamilyID portal for the spring on March 1, and registration will remain open until March 17, which will allow our nurse to approve all physical examinations and our administration to doublecheck academic eligibility before the start of practice. Any student-athlete who does not register before March 17 will have his/her approval delayed beyond the first day of practice, and the athlete will not be permitted to participate until we re-open the portal and approve all requisite documentation.
Additionally, if a student-athlete has been previously registered and medical information has changed (i.e. new injuries, concussion, diagnoses, etc.), please make sure the portal is accurate. There are other helpful links on the FamilyID site, including the required concussion course, our school athletic schedules, and school websites, as well as contact information, should you need it.
The site can be accessed through clicking on this link: FamilyID. You can also paste the following into the address bar of your browser: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/uxbridge-public-schools.
For fee payment, we are offering the opportunity to pay using City Hall Systems, the same payment system utilized by the town. Please note that the fee payment website will not have the option to pay athletic fees until March 1.
In the following pages, we have explicit instructions for both Athletic Registration and Online Payment. We tried to make them very detail oriented so that folks would be able to follow them easily. Should you need customer support, Family ID’s contact information is email@example.com (email) and 1-888-800-5583 (phone).
The sites are both very user-friendly, and we know these processes streamline registration, physical examination eligibility, and user fee payment. We appreciate your attention to our deadlines, and feel free to reach out with any questions!
Michael Rubin, UHS Principal
Leanne DeMarco, MMS Principal
Marc Calarese, Athletic Director
FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
All prospective student-athletes and their parents should make sure that they read the Student-Parent Handbook, the Online Concussion Course, and have an up-to-date physical examination. Physical examinations are valid for 13 months, meaning a student who had his/her last physical examination documented on September 1, 2016 would be considered to have a valid physical on file until October 1, 2017.
The physical examination form completed by the physician may be provided to the school in one of several ways:
- Bring the hard copy to the high school office, to the attention of the nurse.
- Take a picture or scan of the physical examination form (filled out by the physician) and upload as part of the registration process.
- Have the physician’s office fax or mail the form to the high school office. (This is the least preferable way).
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
Most Recent Physical Examination
Health Insurance Information
Contact information for emergency contacts
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link provided above and select the registration form under the word Programs. (In this case, it says “Uxbridge Fall Athletics: 2016 Middle and High School”).
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.)).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit,' the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-800-5583 x1.
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
Our preferred method will be for families to pay online, using the City Hall Systems website. This allows money to be automatically debited, eliminates the exchange of paper, and allows both the school district, town, and family to track the debit of the user fee. Should a student decide in the preseason not to participate, refunds are more easily processed. Note: CityHall Systems charges a .50 convenience charge for inputting a check, and there is a 3.25% service charge if a debit or credit card is used.
Families can also bring a check to the athletic director or coach. Please note that district procedure requires checks and cash to be handed over weekly, or when the depositor is in possession of $500, whichever comes first, but there are several steps between the receipt of the check and its final debit from the student-athlete/parent's bank account, including logging the student’s check against the roster, the deposit at the bank, and the turnover at Town Hall. Processing an electronic payment eliminates all intermediary steps.
This system will be available by mid-August. The instructions outlined below are those provided by the site for ease of use, but, as with any first-time experience, we anticipate some glitches. Your patience as we work through those and ready the system for full use is appreciated.
To pay electronically:
- Type in or click on the link for City Hall Systems: https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/
- Click on Sign up (in the left column under “My Account”).
- Complete the fields as requested.
- Then click on the “Sign up” button.
- A confirmation page will appear indicating that your registration has been accepted and that an email has been sent to you. The email will contain a link you must click on to activate your account.
- The last step to activating your account is to open the email you received from us and click on the link contained in the email. That will bring you to the City Hall Systems ePayment site. This will complete the process for creating an account.
Adding Bills to your Account
1. Log into your account.
2. On the Main Page, left column under “My Account” click on the “eBilling Selections” heading. Here will be listed the bills that have been added to your account. Note that any bill you pay while logged into your account will automatically be added to your account.
3. Bills can be added to your account by clicking the “Find Your Bills” button located under the “My eBilling Selections” heading. This will bring you to the Main Page.
4. On the Main Page, select your municipality, and click the “Click here to VIEW or PAY your bills” button. This will bring you to the Bill Search Page for your municipality. Please note that for most municipalities, you will be initially brought to the Real Estate search screen.
5. On the Bill Search Page, left column under “Select Bill Type” you can select the bill type that you want to add.
6. Once you’ve chosen the type of bill you want to add, fill in the required search field(s) (this changes depending on what bill you’re looking up) and click the “Then click here to search” button.
7. The search results should list the bill you are looking to add. Once you see the bill you want to add listed, click on the “Make this bill available for eBilling or AutoPay?” text (this text will be listed below the Name/Description for the bill). A confirmation message pops up, click “Ok” to confirm that this is the bill that you want to add to your account. The bill will now be added to your account.
Add a Payment Method
1. Log into your account.
2. On the Main Page, click left column under “My Account” click on the “Wallet Safe” heading.
3. By clicking “Add eCheck” or “Add Credit Card” buttons, completing all required fields and saving information by clicking “Add eCheck” or “Add Credit Card”, as applicable.
4. Payment Methods can be removed from your account by clicking the “Remove” button.